The random function in Excel is kind of a neat function. There are two: 1) rand() and randbetween(a,b).
Some uses for it are:
1) Randomize your numbers in Monte Carlo simulation;
2) Randomly organize your numbers if you want to hide the order, as I did for the Puzzle post;
3) Generate a random pin number;
4) Roll your dice in the spreadsheet;
5) Fun one – randomize your colors like I did in the picture for this post. Each letter in the word “random” was assigned a group of colors and each “pixel” in the letter received a random color.