I couldn’t convert from PDF straight to Excel; I had to do a roundabout method via converting first to Word and then copying and pasting from Word to Excel. This method takes a lot longer than if I could have “automated” the conversion but that requires the converted file to have numbers laid out in a fairly consistent manner.
The Adobe conversion software also does not convert very well in another way. When Adobe converts to Word, the resulting image looks like is it an exact copy of the PDF. Unfortunately, when I tried to tie back my numbers to the summary page, I found that I was actually missing some entries. I had to go back to the PDF file to find those missing entries.